In the autumn of 1621, the Native American Wampanoag people and the pilgrims of Plymouth came together to celebrate a bountiful harvest. This is acknowledged as the first Thanksgiving, and it was a significant moment in American history because two vastly different cultures came together to collaborate towards a common goal.
It has been more than three hundred years since that first Thanksgiving, and over time, this commemoration has taken on a far more meaningful allegory. It is no more just a symbolic day to give thanks for a plentiful harvest but also to show your gratitude for friends, family, loved ones, and for all the blessings in the past year.
But Thanksgiving is not just about food, friends, and family. It takes on a more profound symbolism when you show appreciation for your employees. Because like the pilgrims of Plymouth and the Wampanoag people, your company is a group of vastly different people, performing varied roles, coming together to collaborate towards a common goal – the “bountiful harvest” of the company.
Why Employee Appreciation Matters
Appreciating employees, showing gratitude for their contributions to the company and for being part of the team is not only a symbolic gesture for Thanksgiving but has a powerful positive psychological impact.
Employees who feel appreciated:
- Have higher morale and job satisfaction
- Are more motivated
- Are more productive and contribute more
- Are more likely to excel at their jobs
- Are more engaged with their work
- Are more loyal, committed, and connected to the company
- Will, in turn, spread a desirable culture of appreciation and kindness within the company
- Are less likely to leave and move to other companies
- Are more secure in their jobs
- Are good brand ambassadors and help in attracting and retaining the right talent
Hence, showing appreciation and acknowledging the role that each employee plays in the company can have a direct impact on the profits and growth of your company. And what’s better than sending a thanksgiving holiday gift to show your appreciation!
Thanksgiving Gift Ideas to show your employees that you care.
By now, you will have gathered why Thanksgiving is the perfect time to show that you value your employees.
And what better way to express gratitude than with exciting, trendy gifts that each of them will love receiving?
Here is a compiled list of 8 great Thanksgiving gifts your employees will love (in no particular order)!
Wine is the perfect accompaniment for a Thanksgiving meal. It would make an appreciated gift, especially during this festive time.
2. Food vouchers
Yep! Since food is an integral part of this celebration, food vouchers will always be appropriate and desirable.
3. Fitness gifts
Feasting at Thanksgiving can create pangs of guilt. Fitness gifts can help to burn off all those extra calories after the celebratory binge.
4. Photography equipment
Thanksgiving is a time for friends and family to come together. It is also a time when some of the best memories are created with your loved ones. You could help to capture all those precious moments with gifts of photography equipment.
5. Chocolates and nuts
As we mentioned before, Thanksgiving is all about the food! Bring on the chocolates and nuts to add to the festivities!
6. Home-related gifts
You cannot go wrong with home-related gifts! If they are home-related smart devices, then even better!
7. Baked Items
What is a Thanksgiving celebration without cookies, cakes, and other baked goods? These yummy treats will make great Thanksgiving gifts and will surely bring joy to the recipient!
8. Grocery Baskets or Gift Cards
And of course, since it is related to food, we cannot overlook the value of grocery baskets and gift cards.
Surely, you think that all of this sounds good, but in reality, gifting is bothersome! And you are right!
Common Hassles of Employee Gifting
We know that the whole gifting process can be quite a pain, and we also know that the bigger the company, the more complicated the whole process gets.
- It is an arduous task to find suitable gifts that not only suit your budget but are fun to receive and are appreciated by all your employees alike.
- It is time-consuming to source gifts and buy them.
- Then there is the wrapping and the logistics hassle to take care of.
If you are one of those companies that resort to buying mass gifts for your employees, then you should stop immediately! Mass gifts never really convey to each employee that they are special or that their contributions are unique and valuable. So, they do not accomplish anything and are just a waste of resources and budgets.
So, what is the solution to the gifting dilemma?
We at Eva, understand your frustrations and your lack of time. And because we also understand the need for your employees to feel appreciated and special, we have built the Eva Gifting Assistant, which not only simplifies the whole gifting process but picks the perfect gift for the recipient each time.
To put it simply, a customized gift for each employee speaks volumes more than a mass gift, is better appreciated, and is a lot more fun to receive.
“But how is that possible?” you may ask.
Eva – The future of gifting is here!
Eva has turned the complicated art of gifting into a science, and the good news is that it involves minimal effort on your part!
- All you have to do is log into Eva and enter the name and email/phone number of the employee and specify how much you would like to spend.
- Eva creates a ‘unique’ gift link, which you can share with the recipient.
- When the recipient clicks on the link, Eva’s automated chatbot asks a few questions to get to know their preferences, interests, allergies, dislikes, etc.
- Using artificial intelligence, it uses this collected data in addition to several other data points to pick the perfect gift for the recipient.
- It wraps up the gift beautifully and with your specified degree of customization delivers it to a delighted recipient.
It is as simple as that!
With Eva taking care of the hassle of gift-giving, there is no excuse not to appreciate your employees anymore. So, go ahead, thank that employee who works behind the scenes, the one who makes the personal sacrifices and puts in the over-time, the loyal one who has been with you through thick and thin, the one who keeps the workplace functioning without hiccups! Yup, thank your team, they are the power-force of your organization!
To Sum Up
Although employee appreciation may seem like an unnecessary expense and is often an area in which you could be tempted to cut costs, it is crucial for business and should be an integral part of the management process.
So, this Thanksgiving, remind your employees that they are valued members of your team by giving them personalized tokens of appreciation and thanks. It is an investment that will surely pay off and make a positive impact on the company, its values, and its culture.
To know more, get in touch with us. We will be delighted to hear from you!